As part of our weekly Friday roundup, we document what we found useful and what our readers found useful. The following links represent our favorite articles of the week and our most popular tweets (based on clicks). Enjoy.
Our Favorite Articles of the Week
- 5 Ways to Make Video a Social Experience – Peter Wylie makes a good argument for why video is a good marketing strategy and adds tips for how to successfully make your video a social experience.
- 11 WordPress Plugins to Analyze and Increase Traffic – Kikolani.com, which is becoming one of our favorite blogs, compiles a useful list of WordPress plugins that can help you drive traffic to your blog.
- 10 Ideas for the New Decade – An Edelman Digital Whitepaper – Steve Rubel continues to crank out valuable insight on his Posterous Lifestream blog. In this article, he shares his vision for the next decade (includes video and a whitepaper).
- The 8 Elements of Contagious Ideas – Dan Zarrella examines common characteristics of contagious ideas across various mediums throughout history.
- Advance ORM: Influence Google Search Suggest & Sublistings – Search Engine Journal goes beyond the basics of online reputation management in order to address existing negative search listings.
Our Most Popular Tweets of the Week
- Social Media Today | Four Styles Of Marketing On Twitter http://ow.ly/XKIQ
- Social Media Ebooks You May Have Missed | Altitude Branding http://ow.ly/XWv0
- “My Doctor Sucks” and Other Tweets I Found: A call for action http://ow.ly/JUNP #hcsm #hcmktg #hcrm
- Google Wave Versus the Rest, Feature by Feature | Smarterware http://ow.ly/XXFd
- Is Twitter The First Result For Your Name on Google? How to make your blog more relevant… http://ow.ly/XXTX
- Get Seen- Do It Now: Book recommendation from Chris Brogan http://ow.ly/XWxw
- 25 New High Quality Free Fonts – Smashing Magazine http://ow.ly/XK8G
- 3 Awesome Tools To Add More Functionality To Your USB Drives [Windows] http://ow.ly/XR8G
- 4 Cool Ways to Start Lifestreaming With a Blog: AlertPresence.com http://ow.ly/XU0V
- How Non-Profits and Activists Can Leverage Location Based Services http://ow.ly/XR6X